HOME

Sunday, March 15, 2015

THE FIRST STATION: The Last Supper

V/. We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you.
R/. Because by your holy Cross you have redeemed the world.


READING: Luke 22:14-20

When the hour came, he took his place at table with the apostles. He said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, for, I tell you, I shall not eat it [again] until there is fulfillment in the kingdom of God.” 

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and said, “Take this and share it among yourselves; for I tell you [that] from this time on I shall not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”  

Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.” And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.

REFLECTION: "What, then, is the heart of this Supper? The actions of the breaking of bread, of distributing it to those who are His own, and of sharing the chalice of wine -- with the words that accompany them and within the context of prayer in which they occur: It is the institution of the Eucharist; it is the great prayer of Jesus and the Church." (Pope Benedict XVI)

*Moment of Silence

Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be... 

NEXT: THE SECOND STATION: The Agony in the Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment